ONLY SUBMIT MUSIC WHICH IS AVAILABLE AS A FREE DOWNLOAD FOR BOTH ME AND READERS OF THE BLOG - OTHERWISE YOUR EMAIL WILL BE DELETED
WHAT YOU NEED:
These are important, and if you don't have them I may delete your email :(
- FREE MUSIC - I can't stress this enough. This is a site to benefit the artist as well as all the poor deadshits (such as I) that can't afford to drop money on music. Free or Pay-What-You-Want will do, BUT IT HAS TO BE AVAILABLE FREE OF CHARGE
- EASILY AVAILABLE - anything that'll allow an ENTIRE download of an album in one file. Bandcamp, mediafire, zippyshare, dropbox, opendrive any thing of that nature.
If however you don't meet these requirements and still want your band plugged in some capacity, take a look at the interview section below.
WHAT WE LIKE
Not important, but you'll make us like you more
- BAND/PROJECT INFO - no need for a Tolstoy-esque epic, just a few quick bits on who you are, what you play and where your from. All that jazz.
- GENRES - if you frequent the blog, you'll know what we're about. There's also a thing on the sidebar that tells you. Basically anything that falls into those categories, with an emphasis on the unique, original, weird and downright ugly (especially the ugly).
WHAT WE DON'T LIKE
Anything that contradicts the first to parts of this page, pretty much.
But also, here's a few genres we don't cover:
- Super polished/technical metal
- Goregrind/pornogrind (my two least favourite genres)
- 'Twinklecore', 'Kinsella worship', 'emo revival', 'noodly skramz' - anything like that. No.
- Beatdown hardcore
- NYC wannabe hardcore
- Boston wannabe hardcore
- If you spell hardcore like HxC
- And anything that's overtly racist, misogynistic or homophobic. That goes for any genre - you don't get a free pass because you have a power electronics project.
Yes, we do interviews! And yes! This is an alternative for bands without free music.
If you want to plug your band, maybe have a semi serious interview and talk about punk musicians you'd want to bone, hit me up via email and express your interest. I'll always include a link to your music in the post. I'm friendly, I won't ask you anything to stupid (maybe) and I'll do my darnedest to make you look good.
Hopefully that clears things up, and if you have any questions feel free to email me them - and like I said, I'm more than happy to expose up and coming bands and projects, so don't be afraid to drop me a line (even if I'm a jaded asshole)